Taco Truck TourJul 07, 2021
2021 might not be all Tacos and Tequila but on August 24th, it could be for you!!!
Get ready for one epic contest that not only gives back but also delivers a food truck straight to your door! We had you at tacos right?!
PROJECT HALO is thrilled to announce a charity event like no other, featuring Toronto’s very own Chef Matt Bastille of catering company Fidel Gastro’s (Rebel without a Kitchen).
So start your fundraising engine!
Be it a lemonade stand, a yard sale, a bake sale, or a combined effort with your new covid bestie neighbours. Or perhaps you donate birthday money in lue of a gift, empty your kid’s piggy bank, sell stuff on Facebook marketplace, heck, even just put up a general donation.
The top 3 GTA based fundraisers will receive a legendary experience!
That’s right- celebrity Chef Matt Basile and MOM HALO personality Alana Kayfetz will be manning the truck. Together, they will roll up to your lawn, for the ultimate Taco Party, in the comfort of your outdoor space.
Tacos with all of the fixings for a 45 minutes dining experience.
Alana will be serving up margaritas gifted by our friends at Carbon Bar!
If you ever dined at Lisa Marie (one of the locations of our very first 2017 mom events) we are thrilled to offer this contest! It's a throwback to our roots- when we could bring together people in a safe place, to have fun with friends!
So what are you waiting for! It's time to get your fundraiser off the ground!
Here is how to take part:
From July 11- August 11 start fundraising anyway you want!
Goal is to raise $10,000 with campaign
- The fundraising campaign will take place between Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 12:00AM and Sunday, Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 11:59AM. All fundraisers must register and fundraise using this link: https://fundraise.sickkidsfoundation.com/projecthalotacotrucktour. The top three fundraisers as of 11:59AM on Sunday, August 11, 2021 will be declared the winners of the Taco Truck experience.
- Top 3 fundraisers will be announced on the weekend of August 14, 2021.
- Prize date is August 24 - locations around the GTA (See FAQ’s)
- Time slots: 12pm, 3pm and 7pm (1st place fundraiser will get to select the first time slot)
- 10 people max and must be in a private driveway area. Cannot be on the road or sidewalk.
- Food Options Include: choice of fish tacos, pork carnitas tacos and mushroom tacos (vegetarian - if we could get the number of vegetarians ahead of time that would be ideal).
- Vegetarian orders need to be selected and confirmed by August 17th by emailing [email protected]
- Drink Option: One Margarita drink per adult from Carbon Bar. Please drink responsibly.
- Please tag all of the following accounts; @projectmomhalo , @chefmattbasile , @fgcateringto , @thecarbonbar @sickkidsvs
- Use the following hashtag #projecthalo #tacotrucktour #momhalo
- Top fundraisers will get the opportunity to do an Instagram live to talk about their fundraising efforts.
How many tacos will I get?
Two tacos per person.
How much do I need to raise?
There is no minimum amount in order to participate, the top 3 fundraisers will be the winners.
What is considered the GTA?
City of Toronto, (including Etobicoke, Mississauga), Scarborough, Vaughan, Markam, Brampton
What’s a private driveway area?
The food truck needs to be parked in a flat driveway, whether it’s yours or your neighbours, please make sure there is access and the truck has permission to be there.
How long will the truck be on my property for?
We will need 30-60 minutes to set up, 45 minutes to serve the food and about another 30 mins to pack up, for a total of about 1.5-2 hours.
Do I have to provide anything for the truck?
What is the deadline to sign up?
If you have any further questions please email [email protected]
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.